This image can be used commercially
The Barley Mow Inn at Stapenhill
28 January 1824
About this image
A georgian period mono-tint watercolour sketch, showing the timber-framed Barley Mow Inn. In Pigot's commercial directory of 1835 the landlord was a Wm. Brooke. Stapenhill Village lies about 2 miles away from Burton on Trent and was once in the hundred of Repton and Gresley. However, it was transferred into Staffordshire in 1894.