This image can be used commercially
St George and St Mary Church, Church Gresley
About this image
The church of St George and St Mary was built on the site of a 12th century Austin Canons Priory, and incorporated the tower of the conventual church. The remainder of the church, however, was rebuild in c 1820 after this engraving was done and does not look like this today. (See DCHQ000402 for a picture of the church after restoration). At the top of the engraving are the words 'Engraved for the topographer for October 1789'. Also note the different spelling of the church's location, which here is spelt Greseley.