This image can be used commercially
Working Men's Institute, Turnditch
Clare Willmer, photographer
About this image
This was a former Primitive Methodist Chapel and school room, the original part of which was built c 1820 and later extended c 1910. After the later extension it then formed a charitable reading room, recreation room, meeting place for the Parish Council and in the 1960's home to the Turnditch and Windley Youth Club. The building was sold at auction in July 2004 but the War Memorial and memorial garden at the front of the building retained by the Council.