About this image
The Church was erected by the 7th Duke of Newcastle, an Anglo-Catholic, at a cost of £30,000 in 1886-9 by Bodley and Garner. White stone with red Runcorn stone dressings and a spire over the crossing. This building remains although the large house which stood in front of the serpentine lake was pulled down in 1938. Clumber is now the Regional HQ for the National Trust and the park is open to the public as a country park. See NCCN000090 and NCCN000127.