This image cannot be used commercially
The Old Hall, Barlborough
Green, H V
About this image
This H-shaped old hall off Park Street was supposedly built by Smythson in 1618 for Mr John Savile and his wife Jane Garth of Morden in Surrey.
The hall was built in 1853 in the Elizabethan style of architecture and is currently a private residence. Over the mantle in one of the upstairs rooms is the coat of arms of the two families Savile and Garth. This was put there in 1633 and commemorates the visit of Charles the 1st to Welbeck Abbey.