This image can be used commercially
Stile in Monyash Churchyard
About this image
The Church of St Leonard dates back to before 1200, and houses a sedilia and piscina which were installed in c 1199. Built out of local limestone, the church originally consisted solely of a nave and chancel, but by the end of the 14th century it had grown to its present size with north and south aisles and transepts, and a tower capped by an octagonal spire. The church is a Grade II listed building of national importance. A major restoration project is currently underway and money is being raised to deal with crumbling stone work around some of the medieval windows.