This image can be used commercially
St Leonard's Church, Monyash
About this image
The Church of St Leonard dates back to before 1200, and houses a sedilia and piscina which were installed in c 1199. Built out of local limestone, the church originally consisted solely of a nave and chancel, but by the end of the 14th century it had grown to its present size with north and south aisles and transepts, and a tower capped by an octagonal spire. The church is a Grade II listed building of national importance. A major restoration project is currently underway and money is being raised to deal with crumbling stone work around some of the medieval windows. Derbyshire Libraries hold the copyright to this image.