About this image
The Square, or Village Green, showing the Bulls Head Restaurant and cottages on the far side. The green lies at the centre of the village, and is bordered by the school, pub and Cafe. The 'king' and 'queen' trees in the centre of the photograph were planted to celebrate the coronation of King George V and Queen Mary in 1910. Standing near to the war memorial (right) is a market cross (left), the base of which dates back to the 14th century when Monyash was granted a charter to hold a weekly market.