This image cannot be used commercially
Park Lodge, Radbourne Hall
Derby Evening Telegraph
About this image
Park Lodge, situated in the grounds of Radburne or Radbourne Hall. The hall was built in c 1750 for German Pole from a design by Francis Smith or his son William, of Warwick. The Chandos Poles family have lived in the region since the 15th century and before that (in the 13th century) the Chandos Family were here. Bonnie Prince Charles was supposed to have lunched with the Pole family in 1745 when his ill fated uprising reached Derby.