About this image
This monument is situated in the Willoughby Chapel in St Chad's Church. The monument was built by Sir Henry Willoughby for his father, Sir John Willoughby, who died in 1622, and his wife, Frances, whose recumbent effigies have been carved in alabaster. Smaller kneeling effigies have been placed around the chest tomb. St Chad's Church originally dates to the 13th century, but has been much restored in subsequent centuries.