This image cannot be used commercially
Science Buildings, Repton School
early 20th century
About this image
A priory was founded in Repton about 1172 but was dissolved at the Reformation. On the site of the priory ruins, Repton School was established under the will of Sir John Port of Etwall in 1557. The priory arch and the west wing of the cloister court now form the entrance to the school. The science buildings were added in the Victorian period, and still house the Physics and ICT Departments today.