This image can be used commercially
All Saints' Church, Bradbourne
c 1890's ?
About this image
All Saints Parish Church originally dates to the Norman period and was added to and enlarged in subsequent centuries. The are some fragments of Saxon work in the north side of the nave. The church was given to Dunstable Priory in 1205, when four monks were sent out to serve as priests to Bradbourne and it's three chapelries at Tissington, Brassington and Ballidon. This system continued for more than 300 years until the dissolution of the monasteries, and then under the Protestant Church until Tissington and Brassington became separate parishes in c 1860. At present the parishes of Bradbourne and Ballidon share a vicar with Brassington.