This image cannot be used commercially
Timber framed cottages, Kings Newton
Sheppy, Philip F
About this image
Showing a row of pretty timber framed cottages in King's Newton. These cottages are in a similar style to the Hardinge Arms public house (see DCHQ000384). The pub is named after the local landowners, who occupied the nearby hall in the 17th century. The Hall burnt down in 1859, but was later restored by the railway magnate Sir Cecil Paget in c 1910.