About this image
A tram, with driver and conductor, outside the tramsheds on the junction of Rutland Street and Wellington Street. The Matlock Urban District Council Tramway opened in 1893 and ran from Crown Square up Matlock Bank to the terminus at the tram shed. The tramway was closed in 1927. This tram is carrying advertisements for W Pilkington Chemists, and John W Wildgoose, building contractor and quarry owner.