About this image
Looking down towards the village of Parwich from the hill, showing St Peter Church in the centre. The church was rebuilt in 1873 by Robinson of Derby, on the site of an earlier (probably Norman) church. The structure retains a Norman doorway and chancel arch and has a fine carved tympanum over the west doorway, showing the lamb of god with a cross, and a stag, both trampling on a serpent, and other strange animals. The hills of the Peak District National Park can be seen in the distance.