About this image
A postcard showing several views of Brailsford Village, including the Church, Brailsford Hall and the village street. Brailsford Church was built to serve both the village of Brailsford and the nearby hamlet of Ednaston. It was originally built in the 11th and 12th centuries and consists of a nave, chancel, south aisle and tower. There have been later alterations, including the 14th century chancel arch. The tower is ashlar-faced with diagonal buttresses and a Perpendicular west door and west window. In the graveyard is a mid-11th century Saxon Cross, showing interlacing designs and a human figure. Brailsford Hall, also featured on the postcard, was built in 1905 and is Jacobean in style.