This image can be used commercially
St James' Church, Brassington
About this image
St James Church mainly dates to the Norman period, though there are some Saxon remains. It has a fine south arcade and Perpendicular windows, and a Norman tower. The church was heavily restored in the late 19th century with the north aisle added around 1880. An interesting figure of a man with his hand on his heart, carved on a stone high up a wall in the tower. The carving could be Saxon in origin.