About this image
In spite of a rather heavy restoration during 1874-5 there is much of interest in this church - not least its superb location adjacent to the 17th century Sudbury Hall (NT property), through whose grounds there is public access to the churchyard. There are numerous monuments to the Vernon family from the Hall next door, the earliest being c1300, the rest dating from the 17th century to the 19th. Also worthy of note is the fine 3-manual Nicholson & Lord organ, built c1875 but including pipes from an earlier instrument. The east window was given by Queen Victoria and Prince Albert in memory of George Edward Anson, brother of the then rector. More recently a new stained glass window has been donated on behalf of all the children who were evacuated to Sudbury from Manchester at the start of WW2.