About this image
A roadside view at the junction with Coxbench Rd. Situated in Coxbench near Little Eaton, Coxbench Hall was built by John Chambers of Horsley Woodhouse and Melbourne for William Brookes Johnson in the latter part of the 18th century, on the site of a previous house which had stood there since around the mid 16th century. Contains a service wing dated 1774 and a lead pump in the yard with the same date. Presently in use as a home for the elderly. Showing the side view and what would have been the servants quarters. The building work on the right has since been completed.