This image cannot be used commercially
Thermal Baths, The Crescent, Buxton, c 1910
About this image
Exterior of the Thermal Baths showing the newly restored glass and iron colonnading completed in 1909 by architects Byden and Watson.
Also pictured is the Turner Memorial which was erected in 1879 in memory of a local benefactor, Samuel Turner, a local builder and sub-agent for the Devonshire Estate Office and Trustee of the Devonshire Hospital.
The Spa development began in Buxton in 1779, when the 5th Duke of Devonshire planned to create a second Bath.
The Thermal Baths were built c 1853 by H Currey and closed in September 1963.