This image cannot be used commercially
Opera House, Water Street, Buxton, c 1920
About this image
Buxton Opera House was designed and built in 1903 by Frank Matcham, one of Britain's finest theatre architects. The Opera House, which first opened its doors to the public on 1 June 1903, stands in 25 acres of ornamental gardens in the heart of Buxton. Note the details have been drawn onto the image, presumably to highlight features that were not very visible on the photograph.