This image cannot be used commercially
The Empire Hotel, Buxton - Staff photograph
About this image
It was built between 1901-3 by Spiers and Pond, designed by Thomas Garner. It was used as an annex to the Granville Military Hospital in WW1 and as a discharge depot for Canadian troops after WW2. It was used by squatters before its demolition in 1964. See DCHP000212 and DCHP000213 for a picture of the hotel during demolition.