About this image
This bridge crossed the Nut Brook, which in this locality is the historic boundary between Ilkeston and West Hallam. The stone arch may be the remains of a bridge built c 1764 to carry the Bramcote -Smalley Common turnpike across the Nut Brook. The brick parapet probably dates from the 1931 road widening scheme. Because Moor's Bridge wasn't named on large scale Ordnance Survey plans (c 1880) it has been forgotten, and it's identity subsumed in that of the neighbouring Straw's Bridge (which crossed the Nutbrook Canal), which was named by the Ordnance Survey.