About this image
Viewed from the north, from Heanor Road overbridge. The nearest platform was used for Heanor branch trains until the 1930's. The signal box is to the right, with the chimney. The station was opened on 1 April 1878 by the Great Northern Railway, as part of the Derbyshire and Staffordshire extension. It was closed for passengers on 7 September 1964 and for goods on 3 June 1968.