off Little Hallam Hill
About this image
The former Little Hallam reservoir was built around 1870 to provide the town's water supply. It was replaced in this role in 1904 and by the time of the First World War had become a recreational facility. From 1922-28 it was operated by Ilkeston Co-operative Society. After World War Two it passed through a succession of owners and succumbed to vandalism and pollution.