About this image
The mine was sunk c 1895 by Mapperley Colliery Company. According to folklore it was known as 'Nibble'm' or 'Nibby' because of wage cuts made in early days. It closed on 7 July 1961. This view was taken from the east, from the spoil heap, and includes the Pithead Baths (right), opened as recently as April 1953.