This image can be used commercially
Trolley Bus on Nottingham Road, Ilkeston, 1935
Copyright John Banks Collection
Atkins, G H F
Nottingham Road - Cavendish Road
About this image
English Electric 32 seater no. 302, climbing Nottingham Road at the Cavendish Road Junction. Built in 1932, sold to Mexborough and Swinton Traction Co. in 1937. It is shown here on the former tram route between Hallam Fields and Cotmanhay. The route was extended to Heanor on 1st August 1932, then to Ripley at the end of that year. The Derby and Notts Traction Co initially ran 6 English Electric, 10 AEC's and 1 Guy single-deckers, but these were gradually replaced by double-deckers. The Trolley-bus system closed on the evening of 25 April 1953.