This image can be used commercially
The New Theatre, Lord Haddon Road
Beardsley, J N
7 February 1974
Lord Haddon Road
About this image
Showing The New Theatre. Ilkeston's first purpose built theatre had been built here, a victorian structure replacing an earlier wooden structure on Rutland Street. The building was subsequently Vint's Electric Picturedrome (1911-16); The Coliseum (1916-27); The Theatre Royal (1927-30) and then replaced by the New Theatre (1931-63) which is art Deco building seen here built by the Ilkeston Cinema Co. After 1963 it was used as a Bingo Hall until 1982. After this it was used as a religious building and a carpet warehouse. It was demolished in 1990 and replaced by a nursing home.