This image cannot be used commercially
The Cross, Stanton by Dale
About this image
View north-east from the Green, showing The Cross and Pepper Lane (named after 17th century local land owners). This view is virtually identical today. The octagonal shaft of the cross (and parts of the church) are all that remain in the village from medieval times. The fleur-de-lys at the head the cross dates from 1632.