This image cannot be used commercially
(Former) Erewash Valley Brewery, North Street side.
Burrows, M E
Chapel Street - North Street
About this image
The former Erewash Valley Brewery building at the junction of North Street (left) and Chapel Street (right), viewed from the South West. In the summer of 1875, William Fletcher (1844-1919), Ilkeston chemist, submitted a plan for a store room, stables and offices (right on this photo), off Chapel Street. The North Street side of the complex (left) appears to have been built around 1885, as a mineral water factory, and to have been adapted/enlarged as The Erewash Valley Brewery in 1899-1900. The Brewery had however closed by the spring of 1905. Fletcher also had a shop at 69, Bath Street. This was taken over by Horace Straw in 1918. Subsequent occupants of the former brewery included Ariel Pressings Ltd (1951-1960) and The Carr Fastener Co. (1960-1971). It was demolished in the early 1980's.