About this image
Smith's Farm was located on the North West corner of the Market Place, below the corner with Regent Street. The farm was demolished in March 1904 to make way for the Nottingham and Notts. branch bank. The Conservative Club is visible on the extreme right. The man shown in the picture is James Daniels, butcher, who lived in the farmhouse and whose wooden shop was on the corner of Regent Street. Also shown is his daughter Nellie, born 16 June 1901 (she died in 2001 aged 100).