About this image
This is a postcard in the Arcadian Series, reference F.A.P. A405/1134. View looking south west towards the pillars taken from the old Nottingham jail (the 'House of Correction') around 1900 and moved initially to Rutland House, Heanor Road, and later to the park. Note also the pergola which replaced earlier rustic arches. Drummond Road is in the background.