This image can be used commercially
The Coliseum Theatre and Lord Haddon Road in flood from a burst water pipe
Mr L Wood
c 1920's ?
Lord Haddon Road
About this image
Showing The Coliseum Theatre. Ilkeston's first purpose built theatre had been built here, a Victorian structure replacing an earlier wooden structure on Rutland Street. The building was subsequently Vint's Electric Picturedrome (1911-16); The Coliseum (1916-27) seen here; The Theatre Royal (1927-30) and then replaced by the New Theatre (1931-63). The trees lining the road, (which was officially opened on 25/9/1895), were given by the Duke of Rutland in commemoration of Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee of 1897.