This image can be used commercially
Trent Riverside, West of Trent Lock, Long Eaton, c 1930
River Trent, Near Trent Lock
About this image
View looking east from the landing stage to the south of The Navigation Public House. The Erewash Canal joins the river at the bridge.
In the background is Trent Valley Sailing Club. The sail dinghies pictured are Half Raters, a scaled version of Thames Raters which were developed for racing on river conditions with a shallow draft. Trent Valley Sailing Club and Upper Thames Sailing Club (where full Raters are still sailed) had regular visits and inter-club racing. Only two of these Half Raters are believed to be still in existence. One of these is still sailed on these waters via TVSC. (Additional information kindly supplied by Richard Partridge).