This image can be used commercially
Borrowash Bridge, Elvaston Road, c 1910 ?
c 1910 ?
About this image
Looking south along the road to Elvaston, the main Derwent bridge is preceded by the small bridge over the mill race and the Little Stryne. Copy of a postcard of the Cromwell series by W. F. Derby.
This 'new' bridge was opened in 1898 - part of a co-operative scheme headed by the Earl of Harrington and the Duke of Devonshire. Prior to the bridge being built, the main road turned right at the point from which the photo was taken and went down the slope to Borrowash Mill. It then turned left past the front of the mill and it's route can still be traced across the Little Stryne to the river bank where a wooden bridge carried the traffic over the river to Elvaston.
Thanks to Robin King for the above information.