This image cannot be used commercially
High Street West and Victoria Street Junction, Glossop, c 1920
High Street West - Victoria Street
About this image
Taken from the 'BOOTS to BACON' exhibition and booklet, published in 2005 by Glossop Heritage Centre.
The title describes the wares that shopkeepers sold in 1904.
The inspiration for this grant funded project came from a booklet published in 1904, 'Glossop û a sketch' by R. Hamnett and J. Jenkinson, Glossop publishers.
Over a period of a century, many buildings have been altered drastically û new roofs, chimneys removed, even demolished but the shopkeepers of Glossop have remained.
In this visual project we have tried to give visitors a 'then & now' picture of Glossop traders. Not all were included due to lack of space.
The photographs and text on display have been copied and laminated for users of Glossop Library.
Copies of most photographs are available for personal or study use.
The complete booklet 'Glossop û a sketch' including all original historical text and photographs is available on CD from Glossop Heritage Centre.