This image cannot be used commercially
Aerial view showing Little Hallam Hill area, Ilkeston, 1971
22 September 1971
About this image
Looking north-east with Little Hallam Hill running diagonally up the picture towards its junction with Lower Stanton Road and Little Hallam Lane. At the bottom left it enters Kirk Hallam and becomes Ladywood Road. St Norbert Drive occupies the foreground, above which is the course of the abandoned Nutbrook Canal (closed 1895) and then the ex-Midland Railway Stanton & Shipley branch, at this date in use solely to serve the opencast disposal point at West Hallam but since closed and converted into the Nutbrook Trail. Further up Little Hallam Hill is the remains of the ex-Great Northern Railway Stanton branch (closed in 1968) with the bridge over Little Hallam Hill here recently demolished.