This image cannot be used commercially
Textile factory (formerly Samuel Fletcher and Sons), Wood Street, Ilkeston, 1985
About this image
Looking south-west with Critchley Street to the right.
The firm that was latterly styled as Samuel Fletcher (Ilkeston) Ltd made lace, silk and glove fabric and was an old established textile enterprise in the town, moving from a site in Bath Street to Wood Street in 1872, where a large complex of buildings was developed up to 1915. They were taken over by Singlam Fabrics Ltd (knitted goods distributors) in 1956 but both firms went into voluntary liquidation just four years later in February 1962, as a result of which the factory is assumed to have closed.