This image can be used commercially
Co-operative store, Derby Road, Long Eaton, c 1935
About this image
The Long Eaton Co-operative Society's store on Derby Road looking north-east. The street to the left is Granville Avenue.
Photographic evidence indicates that this was originally a single storey structure that housed the Society's cafe and fruit department. The second storey (evidenced here by the different coloured brickwork) was added later.
In 2014 these premises were still in use by Co-operative Funeralcare, although the glass and iron awning had given way at some point to a new facade featuring buff and orange tiling.
Picture the Past is grateful to website contributor Robert Kirk for pointing out the correct location of this building.