This image can be used commercially
The Roundhouse, Main Road, Smalley, pre 1950
About this image
Ball pen drawing by Mr Percy Geeson of Marlpool, framed in February 1980. The roundhouse was originally a weighting machine for opencast coal. It was lived in for many years known locally as the Roundhouse. It was situated on the main Derby Road at Smalley near Dob Hole Lane. The Roundhouse was demolished in 1952.