About this image
Rear of Staveley Hall from the lawn, taken during the Heritage weekend, 13-14 September 2003. The hall, later Staveley Rectory, was built in c 1604, and was acquired by the Frecheville Family (whose graves can be seen in St John the Baptist Church in Staveley) in 1681. The rectory was partially demolished in the early 19th century, and remodelled in a jacobean style by Scott in 1867. The building is now used as District Council Offices.