About this image
The church of St. John the Baptist dates from the 13th-century and contains 15th, 16th and 17th century monuments to the Frecheville family, local lords of the manor. The east window exhibits some stained glass, presented by Lord Frecheville in 1676. A north aisle was built in 1865/9, and it was probably at this time that an organ by Brindley was installed. The living is a rectory, in the patronage of the Duke of Devonshire.