About this image
The stables in the grounds of Staveley Hall, taken during renovation work. After this time, the stables were used as the Stables Community Centre. The hall, later Staveley Rectory, was built in c 1604, and was acquired by the Frecheville Family (whose graves can be seen in St John the Baptist Church in Staveley) in 1681. The rectory was partially demolished in the early 19th century, and remodelled in a jacobean style by Scott in 1867. The building is now used as District Council Offices.