This image can be used commercially
Chatsworth Road with tramcar, Brampton, Chesterfield, c 1910
About this image
Looking west along Chatsworth Road from near the bridge over the Holm Brook. Brampton Brewery is on the left with the 'Masons Arms' pub (then a Truswell's house) on the right. Chesterfield Corporation electric tramcar No 1 has arrived from the Brampton terminus and is standing in one of the many passing loops on this mainly single track system; its indicator blind shows that it will proceed through Chesterfield town centre and then northwards along Sheffield Road to Whittington. Electric trams served Chesterfield from 1904 until 1927 when trolleybuses took over.
Taken from a Nadin's Series postcard negative.