This image cannot be used commercially
Glass House Buildings, Glasshouse Lane, New Whittington, Chesterfield, pre 1965
About this image
These cottages were situated on the east side of Glasshouse Lane, north of Glasshouse Farm, and this view is looking north-east. They were still standing in the late 1930s but had been demolished by the mid-1960s. Their site later became part of the Grasscroft Caravan Site.
There is little evidence visible here to date this particular view, although 'c 1958-9' has been suggested. However, there is nothing visible particularly indicative of the 1950s, and this date may simply relate to when they were cleared away.