This image cannot be used commercially
Magistrates Entrance, Old Court House, New Beetwell Street, Chesterfield, 1935
Chesterfield Photographic Society
New Beetwell Street
About this image
Magistrates entrance to Court House and Municipal Hall.
Chesterfield's Municipal Hall was built in 1847 on the site of the Old Hall. It was built 12 years after the passing of the Municipal Reform Act of 1835 and was used as a Council Chamber and Police Court. The building was demolished c 1972; see DCCC002488-89.