This image cannot be used commercially
Grasshill, Grassmoor, c 1910
About this image
Known locally as 'Four Bob Row' which referred to the rent (4 shillings) paid for a dwelling. There was also a 'Two Bob Row' in the area.
Originally built as houses for colliers working at the nearby Grassmoor colliery, about half a mile behind them, they were flanked by land belonging to Robinson's and Black's farm. Wilmott's farm was to the fore across the road.
The houses, Robinson's farm buildings and indeed farm have now all gone and the area forms the entrance to Grassmoor Golf Club.