This image cannot be used commercially
The Municipal Hall, New Beetwell Street, Chesterfield, 1970s
c late 1960s - early 1970s
New Beetwell Street
About this image
Chetwynd House (AGD-GPO Offices) in the background and bowling green wall on the left; view looking west.
Chesterfield's Municipal Hall was built in 1847 on the site of the Old Hall. It was built 12 years after the passing of the Municipal Reform Act of 1835 and was used as a Council Chamber and Police Court. The building is now demolished.