This image cannot be used commercially
The Mansion House, Rose Hill, Chesterfield, c 1930
About this image
This large house stood facing West Bars on the top of what is now Shentall Gardens. Built in 1730 and first called The Mansion House when occupied by Robert Lowndes in 1779. Also has been the home of Henry Thornhill, a sea-going merchant. The house was in the Butcher family at the time of its demolition.