This image can be used commercially
View over the Midland Railway
Seaman, A and Sons
Corporation Street -Brimington Road
About this image
This was the former London, Midland and Scottish Line which opened in 1841 as part of the North Midland Railway linking Derby and Leeds. This particular station was built in 1870 and was the second station to be built for the line. The architect was Neill, who worked for the Clay Cross Company. The station was rebuilt in the 1960s and again in 2001.